COUNCIL HIGHLIGHTS NOVEMBER 8th, 2021
The following list provides highlights of actions and decisions from Council at the Meeting held November 8th, 2021. If you have any questions or would like further explanation, please contact the Village office at 250-626-3995 or email email@example.com
1. Representatives from the Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation made a presentation regarding the Changing Tide Framework. Part way through the presentation, due to weather, the internet connection was lost. Therefore, the presentation will conclude at a future council meeting.
2. Council directed the CAO to contact BC Housing regarding potential funding opportunities.
3. A number of Councillors, along with senior management, attended the Main Street Masset Committee meeting. The consulting firm, Urban Systems, are planning to have draft design concepts for the Committee’s review before the end of the year.
4. A public hearing will be scheduled for December 13th, 6:30pm, regarding the proposed Zoning Amendment Bylaw 650, 2021.
5. Council agreed to have the action items and/or key outcomes of Council meetings posted on Facebook as this will be another way of informing the public of Council decisions and happenings. Once fibre has been installed, thus making internet more reliable, those members of the public wanting to view Council meetings live can request a Zoom link to virtually attend the meetings. This is part of Councils commitment to transparency and open government.
6. Public works staff will inspect the playground equipment. Portions deemed unsafe, will be removed.